EARTH DAY 2020 TWITTER CHALLENGE
Help us celebrate our shared commitment to climate action
April 22, 2020 marks the 50th annual Earth Day. As we approach this important milestone, the Embassy of Canada in Washington, D.C. has launched a Twitter challenge to encourage people to share what they are doing, in the workplace or at home, to reduce their environmental footprint.
The theme for Earth Day 2020 is climate action. Like current efforts on COVID-19 to flatten the curve, climate action is our collective responsibility. Along these lines, the aim of our Twitter challenge is to demonstrate how numerous governments, organizations, and individuals are doing their part to protect the planet. We hope that this raises awareness and inspires even more people to take action.
Guidelines for participating:
1. Tweet us @connect2canada, highlighting your climate action. You can include links, photos, videos, infographics, etc. Keep it polite, please! Here are a few ideas for content:
- Green building design/fixtures
- Greening initiatives such as an employee carpool/bike program, native landscaping, etc.
- Advocacy or events aimed at raising awareness and inspiring action on climate change
- Individual actions taken in the workplace or at home, such as installing water efficient showerheads or powering off computers and peripheral devices at the end of the day.
2. Include hashtags #OurPart4Earth and #EarthDay2020
3. Pass the torch! Tag a friend to participate, too. This can be an individual or an organization.
4. Participants must practice social distancing at all times in the creation of their posts.
The challenge will conclude at 11:59 PM on Earth Day (Wednesday, April 22).
We are excited to mark this occasion in a fun, new way with more people than ever before. We look forward to seeing your tweets!